This intensive two-day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues. It includes content for Registered Nurses who are interested in becoming American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) board certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
Participants will earn 14 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending this event. Please note that you must attend at least 50% of the course times and submit the evaluation to receive 7 contact hours. The Planning committee and speaker for this activity have no financial disclosures to provide.
Axxess Consult Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
This program is approved for up to 14.5 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS).
1. Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
2. Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
3. Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
4. Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security.
5. Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
6. Describe models and theories associated with informatics.
7. Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting.
These topics from the ANCC outline will be presented in addition to current topics.
I. Foundations of Practice
II. System Design Life Cycle
III. Data Management and Health Care Technology
Archive Information Below:
Networking Event/Kick off - Click here for Image