GA HIMSS Virtual Happy Hour
Theme: Mixology with our GA HIMSS BOD
Three Breakout Rooms:
Vodka Breakout Room - Moderator: Glenn Hilburn
ZOOM BOMBER (VODKA GIMLET)
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce sweetened lime juice (Rose’s Lime Juice or other brand)
Garnish with lime wedge
PANDEMIC PUNCH (HELEN HAZE)
1-2 ounces cucumber infused vodka (Effen makes a great ready made infusion)
2 oz pink lemonade
Garnish with cucumber
Bourbon Breakout Room - Moderator: Christopher Kunney
ELDERFLOWER OLD FASHIONED
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain (or Elderflower liquor equivalent)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters (or bitter equivalent)
- Lemon twist, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker with ice, stir together bourbon, St. Germain, and bitters until chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.
BEACON MULE (Bourbon Ginger Beer Cocktail)
- 2 ounces - Bourbon (or whiskey, we used Heritage Distilling)
- ¾ ounce - Lime Juice (freshly squeezed, approx 1/2 a large lime)
- 6 ounces - Ginger Beer (chilled)
- add Garnish (lime twist or wedge)
In a cocktail shaker/mixer with ice, stir together bourbon, lime juice, ginger beer. Pour cocktail in a copper cup and garnish with a lime wedge or twist.
Tequila Breakout Room - Moderator: Gretchen Tegethoff
- 1.5 oz coconut tequila (I use 1800 coconut)
- .5 oz Amaretto
- 4 oz Margaritaville Margarita Mix (any margarita mix will do). If you want to avoid mix, use equal amounts of fresh lemon juice and fresh lime juice.
- Sugar (optional). Can also use a mix of sugar and salt.
- Lime wheel or wedge
Rim margarita glass with sugar. Combine ingredients in a shaker. Shake and pour into a margarita glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
LA CROIX PALOMA
- 1oz. tequila (I use Patron silver)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 oz. La Croix Grapefruit flavored sparkling water (other brands work as well)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh grapefruit slices
Add ice to a tall glass. Pour 1oz of tequila into glass, then add 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Next, pour 8 oz of La Croix Grapefruit sparkling water to glass. Finally, pour ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice into glass. Top with a pinch of salt and add fresh grapefruit slices.
(low carb, low sugar cocktail!)
All proceeds will be donated to Hands on Atlanta!
Webinar information will be emailed to you on the day of the event